Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 7: Recursion

Hoo boy, recursion. What a super fun topic.

In all honesty, this is one of the most frustrating parts of programming, especially for a newbie like me. Figuring out how to recursively call your function and implement it has given me major headaches. Fortunately, I'm getting better at it and am able to understand it (at least a bit).

We just used it in our lab, where we also learned about the LinkedList class, something that works a bit like the Tree class, but only links to one other element. We had to implement prepend, decapitate, and insertion methods that used recursion to trace the lists and perform the function on them - letting us treat LinkedLists like the normal list type found in python.

I know that this is really just the start of my ~*~*~wondrous~*~*~ journey with recursion, and it definitely won't be the last I see of it.

Now, to get started on A2...

No comments:

Post a Comment