This is where the course material really ramps up in difficulty. While the first few weeks were pretty straightforward, weeks 5 and 6 introduced us to the subject of recursion, which requires quite a bit of thinking to implement correctly.
These were also the weeks where we had to complete our first assignment of the course, a project based on the "Towers of Hanoi" game: Finding out the least number of moves you could move one set of discs from one peg to another.
However, we also had to implement the 4-peg solution, also known as "The Reve's Problem." This was very challenging for me. So challenging, in fact, that I wasn't really able to complete it. Something about the outline was making me draw complete blanks that I ended up staring at my screen for hours on end. Fortunately, I did complete enough of the material to earn around a 70% on the assignment.
In hindsight, I really should have partnered up with someone or not started so late, or gone to the one office our I was able to go (work cuts into my schedule a lot).
Since assignment two has now been posted, you can bet that I'll be doing everything I possibly can to get it as finished as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment